There are so many ways to get involved at the garden. From volunteering with the team to taking on a community plot yourself there are opportunities a-plenty. The programme of courses that we deliver is an innovative and varied range, covering all elements of horticulture and supporting all levels of learning.
Grow Your Own Course
- Our popular ‘Grow Your Own’ course is the perfect opportunity to learn the basics of growing your own fruit and vegetables. Spend the time getting hands on experience while learning the practical skills that will allow you to start growing on your own.
Master Composter Course
- Do you see food as a valuable resource? Why not learn how to use it to grow more! This two day workshop explains the science behind composting whilst giving you practical experience on how to get the best of what we leave behind.
Seed Saving Course
- This is an important way to start and maintain a sustainable vegetable patch or allotment. This workshop will explain why you should practice seed saving, how to do it and how to get the best results.
- Learn about the important role that bees take in the environment, the part pollination plays and how we can care for them and look after them to give our ecology the best possible start.
Fruit Bush and Tree Pruning
- Pruning is one of those horticultural skills that can be intimidating to start with. Once you learn when and how, it is a skill that will ensure your fruit bearing plants stay healthy and provide year after year bounty.
Whether you want to volunteer to be part of the gardening team at Bute Produce or get involved with Incredible Edible Bute volunteers, there is a job to match your skillset. From joinery to sales, from gardening to beekeeping there is a chance to get involved. If you are artistic and want to turn your hand to designing some signs or are good with your hands and want to get ‘stuck in’ with a trowel and fork we are always keen to hear from you.
Volunteering is an excellent way to meet new people and learn new skills. It’s a great thing to add to your CV and is sure to be an experience you wont forget. Call 01700 503181 to become a volunteer and learn more.